CVA Donates to NE FFA Foundation

FFADonationWEB

Carl Dickinson, CEO of Central Valley Ag presented a check for $26,000.00 to Colton Flower and Stacey Agnew, Nebraska FFA Foundation Executive Director on May 5, 2015.

The Nebraska FFA Foundation has wrapped up their annual I Believe in the Future of Ag fundraising campaign for the year. This campaign helps local FFA chapters raise money for innovative projects in their classrooms, leadership programming, community service projects and field trips to advance agriculture education in their schools.

“This gives each chapter the opportunity to raise money to do some really great things. Maybe they will attend nationals, or put the money toward a greenhouse,” says Colton Flower, 2014 NE FFA State Secretary. “Students are able to enhance their education in a whole new way, putting their chapter in a much better position to grow.”

$250,000.00 was the local fundraising goal this past year, and with the help of the Nebraska FFA Foundation, along with twenty other corporate sponsors, providing an extra incentive to participating FFA chapters it was a successful year. This year, $24,000.00 in matching funds will be distributed to chapters proportionate to the percentage of dollars raised. Over $272,000 returned directly to local FFA chapters, based on the $24,000 match and the dollars donated for local FFA through “I Believe”. Another $2,000 was raised through a YouTube video contest for “I Believe”. Central Valley Ag gladly plays a role as one of the corporate sponsors in the I Believe in the Future of Ag campaign.

Carl Dickinson, CEO of Central Valley Ag presented a check for $26,000.00 to Colton Flower and Stacey Agnew, Nebraska FFA Foundation Executive Director on May 5, 2015. This check will support the “I Believe” campaign along with other Nebraska FFA programs.

“Central Valley Ag was the flagship corporate sponsor when this program started five years ago,” says Stacey. “This would not have become what it was without the help of CVA, their continued support and assistance in promoting this campaign over the years has greatly contributed to its success.”

The mission of the Nebraska FFA Foundation is to enhance quality agricultural education/FFA programs in order to achieve excellence in leadership development, curriculum innovation and scholastic advancement of students. Over 75 FFA Chapters in Nebraska will receive donations from this campaign. Although this year’s campaign has ended, you can still donate by contacting a local FFA advisor, or visit www.neffafoundation.org to donate today.