The Central Valley Ag Scholarship Program is to assist the further education of students of CVA employees interested in pursuing higher education in an agriculturally related field.
CVA will offer four $1,000 scholarships to students of CVA Employees.
- Applicant must be a student of a current CVA employee at time of awarding
- Be a high school senior, graduating in spring 2018; or
- *Be a college freshman, sophomore, or junior
- Enrolled at a post-secondary institution immediately following high school graduation pursuing an agriculturally related degree
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, academic performance and desire to further their education and career in an agriculturally related field.
- Submit one photo suitable for the newspaper to be used upon selection as an awardee
- Complete application fully and write an essay on the topic, “Agriculture: The Cooperative Difference”
- Essay Guidelines:
- Each entry must begin with a title page containing: Official topic, “Agriculture: The Cooperative Difference,” number of words, writer’s name, address, phone number, date of birth, school name
- No reference can be made in the essay that will identify the contestant beyond the listing of the name on the title page. The writer can reference a state’s name or CVA location within the essay
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced and submitted as a pdf file
- All essays must be accompanied by CVA Scholarship Application
*Applicants may reapply up to junior year of college if not awarded the scholarship in 2018. Scholarship Awardees may not reapply.
The applicant is to fill out the online application form and upload the photo and essay found on cvacoop.com. Deadline is March 1, 2018.
Applicants will receive a letter once the scholarship committee has determined awardees. The scholarship will be awarded at awardees’ school function or at a CVA location. The scholarship will be mailed to the school that is being attended on behalf of the awardee.